Even as the commercial print growth evens out, the printer is finding consistent and significant growth emerging in Package printing. Riding the shift to organised retail at home and a growing exportmarket for food, pharma, garments and direct packaging itself, the carton segment of the industry is growing at an annual rate of 10 to12%. An industry that converts an estimated 2.5 million ton of boardis currently valued at INR 220 billion and is set to double in the next 5-6 years. The share of the organised sector is about 50% but is setincrease. Even as new players enter the business, the established ones continue to expand.
With the brands vying to look "different'' and seized with problems of duplication and counterfeiting, the accent is on value addition and printing effects (Metpet, Drip effect/ Matt finishes with spot UVvarnishes, Tactile printing, use of special pigments, Lenticularprinting, Fresnel lens printing effect, Holographic effect etc).
Innovation is apparent on structure of boxes and designs based on functionality. While end users and buyers are looking for reliable and technologysavvy packaging solution providers who can supply consistent quality and on time deliveries, competition due to ever increasing newplayers and reverse auctions has made it imperative for the converters to adopt and invest in the latest equipment and technologies.
Cutting edge professionalism in organising industry shows.
The success of India Label Show 2002, India Converting Show 2003 and India Flexo Show 2003 set the trend for dedicated shows on niche segments. It also firmly placed Print-Packaging.com among the top organisers of trade shows in the country.
Print-Packaging.com is the portal for the Indian printing, packaging and signage industries. Over the years, the portal has been working closely with event organisers and trade association in disseminating information.
The shows organised by the company so far have seen the coming together of the entire industry - the printers and converters, the suppliers and the packaging buyers on a single platform over the period of the event. The accompanying conferences have also helped in bringing the focus on to the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry. The portents are for bigger and more successful in their second editions of the India Label Show in 2004 and India Converting Show and Flexo Shows in 2005. The twin shows in 2005 are joined by another niche event at the India Corrugated Show 2005.
Spread over 10,000 square meters of exhibition space the India Packaging Show 2007, India Converting Show 2007, India Flexo Show 2007 and India Corrugated Show 2007 came together to make the largest packaging event seen in the country.
In 2008 India Packaging Show together with India Converting Show, India Flexo Show, India Corrugated Show, Food Technology Show, Pharma Technology Show, India Automation Show and India AIDC Show surpassed all previous numbers.
In 2009 the amalgamation of the 8 niche shows with the additional strengths of India Retail Show and India Logistics Show gave rise to the Total Packaging Processing and Supply Chain Event- PackPlus.
In April 2010, special edition of India Packaging Show and debutant BulkPack moved to Hyderabad to explore the growing prospects of South and since then the city was added to the packaging exhibition map.
The North edition of PackPlus was held at India Expo Centre, Greater Noida in the year 2012 and 2013. In 2014, the Show moved back to Pragati Maidan with new additional features & value and recorded huge success.
In 2015, the Show was successfully held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi and will be back in 2016 with more opportunitie
Who Will Exhibit?
- Pre-production and pre-press including Mounting & proofing systems, CAD /CAM systems, Ink kitchens & blending systems, Board sheeter, Sample maker/ plotter, Cutting & creasing matrix, rule, formes, die- making equipment.
- Printing equipment including Digital, Sheetfed Offset and Screen presses,Coaters.
- Folding carton converting equipment and accessories including Box making machinery, Folder gluer, Die-cutter, Case packer, Carton erecting Machine,Window patcher, Litho laminator, Embossing equipment, Hot foil stampers,Adhesive applicator, Tray forming Machine, Pick and place systems.
- Rigid Box Converting Equipment including Taping machines, Levellers,Cardboard Slotting machines, Punching machines, Pasting machines, Paperbox angle gluing machines, Gluing machines, Angle cutting machines,Eyeleting machines, Wrapping machines, Covering machines, Rigid box makers.
- Paper Bag Manufacturing Equipment including forming, gluing, strip making& punching machines.
- Films & foils, Paper &Cartonboard, Inks, coating & Varnishes, Tapes,Adhesives, Strapping Matreials, Consumables.
Who will Visit?
- Printers, Converters, Folding Carton Manufacturers, Rigid box manufacturers.
- Carton users from Food, Wine & spirits, Liquid & beverage, Pharma,Healthcare, Personal Care, Detergent &houseld cleaning and otherindustries.